Some days during this journey are special.
Friday, June 9th was one of those days.
Our uBack team partnered with the dynamic and talented Kate Garmey to conduct the first of its kind Think Tank 1871 Chicago with industry-leading Corporate Social Responsibility and Inclusion / Diversity Executives from William Blair, Motorola Mobility, Illinois Technology Association, Mesirow Financial, Chase, Capital One, LinkedIn, Huron Consulting and Chicago Blackhawks.
Our shared mission was to explore the new frontier of employee giving. No small task but we knew with this group we were on the right track.
Before the session we did our homework and identified two key themes we felt would shape the future of employee giving (1) make giving social (2) tell the impact story through the power of data. However, from here we had no idea how quick the conversation would turn into an active discussion full of insights.
Through Kate’s facilitation of a human-centered design session we discussed and explored three key personas: (1) the customer (2) the employee (3) executive leadership
The discussion was rich with perspectives on how to improve the giving experience for each audience. Here are a few highlights from what we heard are important elements of the future of employee giving:
- Connection – create connection between nonprofits, donors and corporations.
- Story – provide insights that tell the story of impact for individuals and a collective community.
- Empower – enable individuals to drive their giving experience and ability to advocate for the causes they care about most.
- Community – foster a way for individuals to make a local impact and reach a broad range of organizations within their community.
- Recognition – demonstrate a commitment to giving by linking it to rewards and recognition.
- Knowledge – educate and inform individuals on how they can help.
As one attendee said the opportunity is to turn “moments into momentum” for employees, customer, corporations and nonprofits.
We were thrilled to host this discussion and look forward to integrating the findings from this session into the future of uBack’s product suite so we can help corporations turn “moments into momentum.”
Have thoughts on the future of employee giving? E-mail us at:email@example.com. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
That is enough for now…back to work!
uBack Co-Founder, Chief Impact Officer